Unisa & the Chartered Institute of Management Accounts (CIMA)
Unisa is the largest university in Africa and consistently ranked amongst the top universities on the continent. Unisa is popular with students due to its high-quality and low-cost distance learning courses.
The Chartered Institute of Management Accounts (CIMA) is the world’s largest professional body of management accountants. Studying with CIMA is a proven path to business success. Becoming a chartered management accountant can accelerate your career and boost your salary. CIMA qualifications are in high-demand worldwide with over 170,000 members in over 160 countries.
Unisa & CIMA Qualifications
Unisa recently received the highest level of accreditation from CIMA in London. This means that students studying with Unisa can now become members of CIMA. As students pay for their Unisa course in rand and not sterling this represents a more affordable way of obtaining CIMA membership. From 2011/2012 Unisa will be able to offer 3 courses accredited by CIMA. This means that one you have completed the Unisa qualification you will be able to apply for exemption from CIMA exams and may qualify for partial credit towards a CIMA qualification*. The Unisa courses accredited by CIMA and the CIMA professional accountancy routes are as follows:
- Diploma in Accounting Science => CIMA Certificate in Business Accounting
- B Compt (Management Accounting) => CIMA Diploma in Management Accounting
- Postgraduate Diploma in Management Accounting => CIMA Advanced Diploma in Management Accounting
Studying with Unisa represents an excellent way for students to gain both Unisa qualifications as well as access to CIMA qualifications. To find out more about these courses please download the following brochure: Unisa & the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA).
Please note that Pathway is solely an international agent of Unisa and is not able to assist students based in South Africa.
* See brochure for further details
Latest posts by admin (see all)
- Study with UNISA in Zambia applications and registration dates for late 2014 and early 2015 - September 3, 2014
- - August 28, 2014
- UNISA undergraduate next application and registration phases 2014 - August 28, 2014